Law Offices of Martin Yeranosyan
A Professional Corporation
Los Angeles Immigration Attorney
K-1/K-2 Visas

To become eligible for K-1 visa applicant must satisfy the following requirements:

1. Be a fiancé(e) of U.S. Citizen

2. Enter the United States solely to marry the U.S. Citizen

3. Will marry the U.S. Citizen within 90 days of entry

K-1 visas are family related visas issued to fiancé(e)s of U.S. Citizens, where the minor children of the fiancé(e)s obtain the derivative status of K-2. Although the K-1 applicant initially enters as a nonimmigrant, he or she can become lawful permanent resident by filing an adjustment of status application sponsored only by the original U.S. Citizen petitioner.

To obtain a K-1 visa, applicant must prove bona fide intention to marry the U.S. Citizen within 90 days of entry to the United States. Applicant must also show proof that he or she met with the U.S. Citizen within 2 years of filing the petition. The petition for K-1 will automatically become invalid upon the petitioner's withdrawal or death. Also if a marriage does not occur within 90 days of entry, the K-1 and his or her minor children K-2 (if any) will be required to depart the United States, and if they fail to do so they will be put into removal proceedings.

K-1 and K-2 are allowed to work in the United States upon applying and receiving an employment authorization document.



We do not represent the Department of Homeland Security or any legal entity. All content on this site is strictly for informational purposes meant to help you make an informed decision regarding you, or your loved ones immigration to the U.S. Be sure to consult our immigration attorney for any legal advice.

Free Consultation

The Los Angeles immigration attorney offers free consultation in order to provide prospective clients with a way to determine if representation by the particular attorney is right for them. The immigration attorney is flexible and generous with regard to client contact methods and hours and often takes calls and answers email even when he is not in the office.

Los Angeles Law Office

100 N. Brand Blvd. Suite 608
Glendale, CA 91203

Phone: (818) 956-8100
Fax: (818) 956-8108

Email a Lawyer

© 2011 Law Offices of Martin Yeranosyan. A Professional Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Los Angeles Immigration Attorney